• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

160 engine hours this season, not done yet!

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

160 engine hours this season, not done yet!

Post by tribologist »

Very good season this year! Two trips down connecticut river, one round trip on champlain canal, Thousand island to Georgian bay on Trent-Severn, Eastern Erie from Syracuse-Buffalo - Rochester. Going to try to get at least one more long weekend in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Ambler27FC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Patuxent River, MD

Re: 160 engine hours this season, not done yet!

Post by Ambler27FC »

Most incredible, and well above average! Great photos too. I hate seeing how most boats only go out a handful of times a year. And it looks like you've got a picture of an over-land railway transfer? That would make me sweat a bit.

I started tracking a new metric this year - days on the water. You get stuck on a mooring ball or at anchor because of weather, or just spend a night at the marina watching the sun set - the boat is still serving its purpose. Some wine and a book or music while rocking back and forth - yup, I'm good.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Days & Nights on water.. 3+2+23+10+2= 40... I think only 3 not moving. One rainy day up on Tren-Severn and two trailer retrieval days
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Congrats! You are the new "DA"! Our record number of consecutive days afloat is, and since we're no longer boat owners, will always stand at 46. Will forever treasure memories of our 2021 meet up on the Erie Canal.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

DesertAlbin736 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:01 pm Congrats! You are the new "DA"! Our record number of consecutive days afloat is, and since we're no longer boat owners, will always stand at 46. Will forever treasure memories of our 2021 meet up on the Erie Canal.
Nah. Our meager one-two day drives does not compare…. We are acually adding on 4 days. Pulled up to Schenectady and are heading west on Erie. In Amsterdam, NY tonight
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”