• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello! A new Albin 25 owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
boney
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Port Hadlock, WA

Hello! A new Albin 25 owner

Post by boney »

Greetings, I just completed the purchase of a 1977 Albin 25. The boat currently lies at Swantown Marina in Olympia, WA and my wife, Stacy, and I will bring it north to Port Hadlock (just down the bay from Port Townsend) and put her in the slip next weekend. This boat was essentially rebuilt by Tucker Spohr/Bend OR and he has done a terrific job refitting it. Had the survey last Friday with no issues found. Remarkable. At any rate, we are excited to be boating again on Puget Sound (had a 35' trawler back in the day) and we look forward to learning a lot from the forum.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Hello! A new Albin 25 owner

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Congrats! Must be Minnow, possibly the most tricked out, long distance cruise ready A25 in existence. I spoke with Tucker by phone just the other day. My La Dolce Vita is on consignment with Capital City Yachts in Olympia (office next to Fiddlehead Marina), currently in covered storage 10 minutes south of Olympia a short distance west of I-5.
IMG_20240810_135646.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
boney
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Port Hadlock, WA

Post by boney »

Good luck with the sale! Tucker is an amazing fellow and I am lucky to have met him.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I haven't met Tucker in person but have spoken with him on the phone. Our La Dolce Vita just sold today to a nice fellow from Carson City, NV. Maybe you'll see him up your way next summer as he has future plans to cruise Puget Sound & beyond. La Dolce Vita will have a new name soon.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”