• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Replacement seats

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

larryA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

Replacement seats

Post by larryA »

Pilot House replacement seats for Alvin 28
GeorgeS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe harbor akonnet Portsmouth , RI

Re: Replacement seats

Post by GeorgeS »

Hi Larry A,
I have two almost-brand-new from previous owner top marine grade helm seats in perfect condition sitting in my garage, both white vinyl covered. I purchased and installed a new double width helm seat at the helm of my Albin 35 TE to be able to have my wife or grand-kids at my side on longer passages. One of the seats is prepared to be post mounted and I have the stainless steel post and base in the locker on my boat if it is needed. The other seat is slightly different in design and configuration but similar look and served as a co-pilot seat.
I suppose that they are worth some cash as equivalent new ones ( made in China) sell for about $500 to $750.00 apiece plus about $250.00 for the post and base. I would sell them both and the base . Call for photos if AOG-ers interested.
larryA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

Post by larryA »

Would love to see pictures. Price?
BarryG
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Yarmouth, Maine

Post by BarryG »

Hi George and Larry,
We just purchased a 32+2 CB, and of course joined the owners group. I'm thinking of placing a seat, as I have seen in pics, for my wife to be able to sit comfortably and see over wind deflector. people seem to mount them onto the fiberglass hatch to downstairs, or just forward of the hatch, sort of in the corner. Anyway, if Larry is not interested in the seat/seats, I might be. The bridge on the 32+2's are very small and therefore the Capt. chair is also kind of narrow, if the seats are not too wide, I might be able to use both. Thanks guys.

Return to “General Discussion”