• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Da’ing on Western Erie.

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Da’ing on Western Erie.

Post by tribologist »

Towed up to Brewerton NY on Friday. Launched from Brewerton boatyard. Great starting spot for mid Erie canal for either direction. Phenomenal ramp and good parking. First day we did a short trip to Baldwinsville followed by a long run to Lyons. Stopped in Newark where we left Dessert Albin a few years ago. Weather has been great. Tonight we are staying at Fairport. Tomorrow is trailer recovery day. Taking an Uber to get trailer to Macedon before continuing to Tonawanda. Yes.., I found Don Cartwrights Albin 25 Coupe in Palmyra. No sight of Don.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Da’ing on Western Erie.

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Ulf,

Glad to see you're back on the Erie. We really enjoyed meeting up in 2021, especially going to the Corning museum, something we would never have thought of. Would have been nice to do the whole canal from end to end, but wasn't meant to be. Liverpool on Lake Onondaga was a nice place to spend a few days before hauling out from there.
20210815_160154.jpg

Our "DA'ing" days have come to an end, La Dolce Vita lies in ordinary on the trailer in covered storage outside of Olympia, WA awaiting a new owner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

You got some good trips out of it. Been an inspiration for many!
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Trailer recovery went painfree. Stopped at a tire shop to get tires balanced to make it ride better unloaded. From Fairport we went to Brockport followed by Wide waters before Lockport. The museum in Lockport is fantastic! We just stopped there for a few hours before continuing to Tonawanda. On the way there we saw some skywriting so i got reminded of that Rob Holland was doing an airshow in Batavia.., i looked it up and realized that it was a who is who in airshows attending.. I made a plan.. after some stained glass work snd a good dinner i set the clock at 5:30 am.. undocked at 6:30 am to arrive back in lockport at 9am. 12 hour later we tied up in pittsford. Last stretch was in pitchblack night…. Next morning after breakfast in Pittsford we went to Macedon and took the car to Batavia. Absolutely the best airshow i ever seen. I am a former glider pilot with instructor, instrument and aerobatic endorsement and i love watching world class aerobatics! The airshow ended at 9:30 pm so after that we needed a sleep in before towing back to Connecticut.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”