• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 31 TE Prop Size?

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Mark Laurnen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes, WA

Albin 31 TE Prop Size?

Post by Mark Laurnen »

Well, I suspect I’m in the market for new props. I have a 31 TE with twin Yanmar 6LPA-STP’s. Can anyone tell me what the correct prop might be? While traveling out the Straight of Juan De Fuca, in route to the west coast of Vancouver Island, we came across a hapless young man and his dog in a 14 foot aluminum boat with a dead outboard. After a long tow back to his point of origin, we hit a well hidden rock while attempting to deliver him as close as possible to the boat ramp. Now we are stranded until at least Monday when we will beg for a haul out while hoping it is only prop damage. Contact was brief, and at very low speed, so hopefully struts and rudders are not damaged. It appears as though our annual fishing trip is caput. Shortly after we dropped our new friend off, night fell accompanied by a severe thunderstorm. Very sad about the trip and the boat, but satisfied thinking we did the right thing. Would I do it again given the choice … yes. I guess if you have a problem that can be solved with money, it’s not a true problem.
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Re: Albin 31 TE Prop Size?

Post by MadMoney »

Mark - I'm so sorry to hear of this misfortune - no good deed goes unpunished!! Hopefully one of the 31 owners can chime in on your question about props... till then, good luck and keep us posted on the outcome.

Anthony Warren
1999 28' Albin MadMoney
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Albin 31 TE Prop Size?

Post by REBMystic »

Hey Mark. That stinks. Hoping its not as bad as you think. I have twin 6LP-STEs with 20 R/L 19 props. My transmission is ZF marine transmissions 630A1. I hope this helps. Not sure if STPs will require different props.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”