• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Raw water hose failed

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Raw water hose failed

Post by REBMystic »

Had an unexpected failure last week. Got an exhaust temperature alarm on the stbd engine. (of course with a bunch of friends onboard) Shut down the engine and made it the short distance back on port engine. I first checked the SW strainer. It was clean. Then figured it might be the raw water impeller. When I looked there, the output hose was completely busted in half! I expect it was a old hose AND I likely have high backpressure on the HXs. This winter I will pull them and do full maintenance, but in the mean time, I did the barnacle buster thing for now to get some improvement. (which it did).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Raw water hose failed

Post by Tree »

I replaced all of my raw water hoses this year, engine, deck wash, toilet, live bait tank etc. All started to show signs of dry rot and I knew the surveyor would pick it up anyway. I was able to find Lloyds approved hose for a very reasonable price.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Re: Raw water hose failed

Post by Jkraft »

If one went, they are all going to. Luckily this is a project that was done on mine when I bought it. I took care of it on my 28 prior to selling. It will definitely make you sleep better at night.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”

Return to “Albin Maintenance”