• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Dual thru-hull transducers

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Baldwin, NY

Dual thru-hull transducers

Post by dgetswet »

Hello all,

does anyone have the diagram for the location for the where the port transducer can go. I know there are only certain areas you can add thru-hull fixtures in. I would love to add another water thru-hull for a washdown/live bait well too if possible.

I have a 2004 Albin TE with a Perkins 300TI Sabre.

Any information appreciated
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Dual thru-hull dransducers

Post by Tree »

Mine are located either side of the forward end of the engine - Raymarine Axiom for reference.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Re: Dual thru-hull transducers

Post by Jkraft »

While there are reccomended locations, a comptentent yard can put the hole in the boat oversized, fiberglass the opening shut, and re-dril the smaller hole for the transducer. That way your core will never be compromised. I recommend being a part of that process and confirming the hole is in the correct location and the hole has been glassed to your liking. I have learned that your eyes are the best way to confirm that it was done right.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”

Return to “Electronics”