• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

La Dolce Vita will soon be for sale.

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

La Dolce Vita will soon be for sale.

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

La Dolce Vita will soon be for sale. See For Swap/Trade/Sell forum.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vashon Island, WA

Re: La Dolce Vita will soon be for sale.

Post by 11kolive »

Tonight my wife said, I just can’t stop thinking about what you said the other night about selling our camper and getting your Albin. When you have the time would you pm me your price please? We have always said, The fun meter was the highest when we had our Albin.

Right now we are in our Lance travel trailer in La Push thinking about going back into Albin boating….
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Hi
We haven't settled on a price yet. We're on the road now on I-84 in OR on the way to the brokers in Olympia, WA. We'll be there tomorrow & want to consult with the broker, have him look over La Dolce Vita and give us an unbiased opinion on what a fair price would be. Once that's settled it will be stored on the trailer at Zittel's marina & boat & available for prospective buyers to check out & sale will be handled by Capital City Yachts in Olympia. The Gig Harbor Nisqually dinghy on davits will be included along with the 2.5 HP Tohatsu outboard, and of course the trailer.
20240518_152534.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

UPDATE: La Dolce Vita is now officially for sale under brokerage contract with Capital City Yachts in Olympia, Washington, asking price $22,500. She lies "in ordinary" in dry storage on the trailer at Zittel's Marina, 9144 Gallea St NE, Olympia, WA 98516. See particulars on Swap/Sell/Trade page.
We've had many, many adventures and met many great Albin folks over the past ten years with our Albin, and many, miles afloat and ashore as "DA" road warriors. But all good things must come to an end sooner or later, and now it's on to other forms of travel. We'll always have the priceless memories of good times, fair winds, and following seas. If we lived closer to our favorite cruising grounds of the San Juans & Puget Sound in Washington and within a day's drive or less from Anacortes, Bellingham, or Blaine we'd keep the boat. But these 1,500 mile road trips each way are wearing on us as we get older. Not to mention that my red Dodge truck is now 18 years old and I can't afford a like for like replacement, even a 5 or 6 year old used one.
A shout out to Keith & Kathy Olive for taking the time to look over our boat, and but for a health issue might have become the next owners.
20180719_154447edit.jpg
20240510_105929.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Best of luck with the sales and let’s hope the new owners takes on the inspiring tradition of DA’ing! Your trips and stories has for sure been great inspiration for us! Fun to meet you guys in Fairport in 2021!
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

To "DA" will always be a verb in my dictionary!

You have definitely put the miles under her keel - both on water and asphalt. She's definitely proved she is both seaworthy AND roadworthy!

Hope all goes well for both you and Mrs DA and La Dolce Vita in the future.

Fair seas and smooth roads!

Jon B
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Thanks Ulf & Karen! Yes, we had a great time meeting you in Fairport. We still talk about the day spent at the Corning Glass Museum thanks to you. Never in a million years would we have thought to go there. If you don't mind I'll add those pics to my ad.

Jon B, Thanks! I hereby pass the road warrior title of "DA" on to Norman and Clarice Gregory, aka SalishAire. Their exploits make us look like rank amateurs.

Keith, there are still three other good Albin 25's up on Seattle Craigslist, all of them of similar vintage as ours. One of them belongs to AOG member Mike Almvig in Anaocortes. His has a 2013 Yanmar 3YM20 engine with 200 hours on it. Very well cared for even more so than ours. Only lacks a trailer. Another one in Oak Harbor also looks well cared for with brand new Beta 25 engine, mast and boom (no sails) and trailer. Yet another in Port Hadlock near Port Townsend on an aluminum trailer is a bit funkier, with very DIY looking hard top, turquoise painted hull and a 1980s vintage 2000 series Volvo engine with no hour meter and unknown number of hours on the engine.

So far the sale is going slow. Mike Almvig having same problem, which is mostly due to scarcity of available marina slips unless one finds a boat in a transferable slip.
Fingers crossed we get a sale before winter sets in.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: La Dolce Vita is for sale.

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Update: LaDolce is still for sale, in storage on the trailer at Zittel's Marina in Olympia, WA. See ads on Capital City Yachts web page & elsewhere including Seattle Craigslist.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Update: La Dolce Vita still for sale. Now moved from outside storage at Zittle's Marina in Olympia to covered storage at a boat & RV storage 10 minute drive south of downtown Olympia.
IMG_20240810_135646.jpg
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Post by Dieselram94 »

What is the chain and turnbuckle for on the bow eye? Just curious.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

That was inherited from previous owners. I suppose it could have been meant to protect the bow from dock dings or from the anchor swinging & hitting the bow. Whatever the case I didn't see a need to remove it. When we first took ownership the bowsprit was about 16 inches longer than it is now. The PO hung a pair of 5 gallon spare diesel jerry cans on racks out on the end of the bowsprit which I thought was stupid and dangerous so I removed the racks and shortened the bow sprit as much as the anchor roller would allow.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

BREAKING NEWS: LA DOLCE VITA HAS BEEN SOLD. WELCOME NEW OWNER DAVE THOMSON OF CARSON CITY, NV.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”