• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel Burn ballpark

Albin's "power cruisers"
Hostage
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Oriental,ncolt

Fuel Burn ballpark

Post by Hostage »

I’m looking at a 28 TE with a Yanmar 6ylm-Ute with a V drive. I’m wondering what I should expect for fuel consumption at 8 to 10 knot ICW type use. Medium to light load.
Andrew cook
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Thetford VT

Re: Fuel Burn ballpark

Post by Andrew cook »

I too am curious about consumption rates, having installed a literally new (on shipping pallet) Volvo MD 11 C in our A25. New to us in 1982 , in storage since 2010. It had a brief sea trial in the Erie Canal but I’d love to know what performance expectation re speed and consumption is realistic.

Our restoration of “Resolve” is fully underway.

Andrew
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Andrew cook wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:02 am I too am curious about consumption rates, having installed a literally new (on shipping pallet) Volvo MD 11 C in our A25. New to us in 1982 , in storage since 2010. It had a brief sea trial in the Erie Canal but I’d love to know what performance expectation re speed and consumption is realistic.

Our restoration of “Resolve” is fully underway.

Andrew
Andrew, are you on the Erie?
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Andrew cook
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Thetford VT

Post by Andrew cook »

Tribologist we are home again in Vermont, but just returned from Rochester which means we paralleled the canal for hours, saw many cruisers (from a distance) and had our memories refreshed.

Resolve is in the VT boat shop while I do a final restoration, new shore power, engine, wiring,soft goods, a final cruise, and then sale.

Best to you and yours- Andrew

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”