• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28 TE flush deck - 1000 engine service 6lp-stp

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Rubic
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Newport

28 TE flush deck - 1000 engine service 6lp-stp

Post by Rubic »

Hello,

Albin 28 TE
flush deck
yanmar 315 6lp-stp 1021 hours

looking for a bit of advice here. I just recently took my boat in to do the 1000 hour engine service to which the mechanic told me to take the intercooler out and do the timing belt they would need to pull the entire engine. I have serviced alot on this engine and it seems like there is plenty of space to pull the intercooler but i have limited time at the moment.

Has anyone had the same issue with the intercooler / timing belt and limited space or should i realistically take my vessel to a new mechanic?
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: 28 TE flush deck - 1000 engine service 6lp-stp

Post by REBMystic »

Hi. I can't speak directly on the 28, but I know for my 31 TE dual engine (with not great clearance) the timing belts were done in place and I am sure the intercooler can be removed. (I plan to do that next year)
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: 28 TE flush deck - 1000 engine service 6lp-stp

Post by Carl »

IMG_2532.jpeg
I have had my 2006 flush decks coolers removed 3 times and the timing belt replaced 3 times as well. 3 different mechanics did the work and none complained about access. In other words, they didn’t need to pull the motor. I am at over 2800hrs. Get your valves adjusted while they are at it. However, in order to replace the heater coils I had to cut away a small hole in the hatch valley in order to do that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”