• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Introduction - 1985 Albin 34 Aft Cummins in Oakville ON

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
SeaLadyonLakeON
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Bronte Outer Harbor Ontario

Introduction - 1985 Albin 34 Aft Cummins in Oakville ON

Post by SeaLadyonLakeON »

I am looking for advice on a 1985 Albin aft cabin trawler with a Cummins engine that we are launching after 2 years of dry dock In Hamilton ON to it's new slip in Oakville.It ran beautiful In 2022. We changed the impeller, tested the battery, new white plumbers tape on the drain plug,bow thruster is fixed, all valves checked, tighten all clamps, will check the steering cables. Most anodes will survive one more summer, will test the anchor, oil is clean.
Mechanic is delayed 3 weeks. We want to launch next week
Can anyone make recommendations?
Thanks
Gilbert Jubinville 4169312758
Paumanok
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Cataumet Cape Cod

Re: Introduction - 1985 Albin 34 Aft Cummins in Oakville ON

Post by Paumanok »

Welcome aboard,

Is your new A 34 the motor yacht model? We have Hull #3, a 1986 A 34 aft cabin model with a flybridge. We've owned her for 15 years and had an A 27 for 10 years before that. We love the boat and have cruised from western CT to southern Maine quite comfortably. Why are you having the mechanic come? The season is so short that if you can have him do the work in the water (unless you think you have a problem). Run the engine on the hard with a garden hose before launch. We have the Cummins 210 turbo engine and it has been totally reliable, we did have a new reconditioned head installed in 2016 because of a cracked head (something seen in the mid 80's engines). The season is far too short to give up 3 weeks unless there is a good reason. Good luck and what is your Hull #?

Marcy K
A 34 1986
Paumanok
Cape Cod

Return to “New Member Introductions”