• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fresh water head and davits

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

DougDavis
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Falmouth, ME

Fresh Water inlet

Post by DougDavis »

We have just sailed our "restored" 28 from Billings Marine in Stonington, ME to Falmouth, Me. We had a new transmission, rebuilt engine, new paint job as well as about 10 pages of other work. She looks great and performs even better.

Thank you Nancy we purchased the davits from Defender and waiting for our inflatable top arrive. ( Our dog is especially interest in having a dinghy available for onshore visits)

Questions:
Is there a Albin Owners Forum cruise planned?
We have an electric toilet and hot water heater.
Is there only one fresh water water inlet?
Has anyone installed noise cancelling media in the engine compartment? The noise is not terribly noisy but a little less noise would be welcomed.

Is anyone interested in a Cannon Digi 10 trolling device? Found one in our boat that looks new but I am not an offshore fisherman.
Doug
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: Fresh water head and davits

Post by Nancy »

That's an impressive amount of work, Doug.

I don't know if there's ever been an AOG cruise...what a great idea! There have been a number of rendezvous in the past, and there are a few in the works for this year. Have you seen this thread: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=13628

Depending on the type of toilet you have, it draws water either from a thru-hull fitting or from the fresh water tank.

The water heater is replenished from the fresh water tank.

The fresh water tank is filled from a single inlet.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Fresh Water inlet

Post by Pitou »

Good job on the refit. It sounds as if you and your Albin are off to a good life together.
DougDavis wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:17 am Questions:
Has anyone installed noise cancelling media in the engine compartment? The noise is not terribly noisy but a little less noise would be welcomed.
You'll find that you'll get more responses starting new threads for each different subject, but here is a previous post on the subject found through the "Search" feature to get you started.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5865&p=34713&hilit= ... ion#p34713
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Albin Maintenance”