• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Trolling Valve

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

haskinseattle
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Kingston, WA

Trolling Valve

Post by haskinseattle »

I am getting closer to the purchase of a 31TE with twin Cummins 6BTA engines and the ZF220A transmission setup. I've read several posts regarding trolling valves and would like to either have one installed or do it myself after the boat arrives. I'm in the Seattle area. Any suggestions on who I could get to do the install? How about where to get the valve, cable and parts? The posts I've read so far about valve installation and suggested cabling have been extremely helpful. Thanks.

Steve
2000 31 TE - Argonaut
"Never give up, never surrender!"
Commander Peter Quincy Taggart
GSSeattle
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina (Anacortes, WA)

Re: Trolling Valve

Post by GSSeattle »

Craig from Compass Marine in Anacortes did the valve on my 28. He sourced all the parts. Very happy with his work. He was recommended to me by Anthony/Mad Money (did the install on his 28 as well.
Greg

2000 Albin 28 TE "Turtle Express"
sharffj
First Mate
First Mate

Post by sharffj »

Compass Marine also did it on my 31 TE as well. Price was reasonable. If you are going to troll for salmon it is almost a necessary.
haskinseattle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by haskinseattle »

GSSeattle wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:04 pm Craig from Compass Marine in Anacortes did the valve on my 28. He sourced all the parts. Very happy with his work. He was recommended to me by Anthony/Mad Money (did the install on his 28 as well.
Greg,

Thanks for that information. I'll reach out to him. The run from Kingston to Anacortes would be a fun one.

Steve
2000 31 TE - Argonaut
haskinseattle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by haskinseattle »

sharffj wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:22 pm Compass Marine also did it on my 31 TE as well. Price was reasonable. If you are going to troll for salmon it is almost a necessary.
Great. Does your 31 TE have twin engines? Is the obvious choice for the trolling valve the starboard motor due to the cabling?

Regards,

Steve
2000 31 TE - Argonaut
sharffj
First Mate
First Mate

Post by sharffj »

Yes, twin Yanmars. Craig put trolling valves on both engines without a problem. Work great.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”