• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Need a Diesel Mechanic for Nissan LD28 NH Seacoast

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

JFOkie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dover, NH

Need a Diesel Mechanic for Nissan LD28 NH Seacoast

Post by JFOkie »

Hello,

Over the past 2-3 years, my LD28 engine has been overheating. I've replaced just about everything and have had a number of diesel mechanics check out the engine, but it seems that nobody is able to figure out why it's overheating. This truly blows my mind...... The heat exchanger has been removed and professionally cleaned twice. I've installed a new water pump and impeller. Every hose has been checked and there's no blockage at the raw water strainer. I've never had an issue with the engine, but late summer 2018, it started to overheat and it has been hell ever since.

I'm looking for a diesel mechanic who can work on my Nissan LD28 and figure this out. I have all the manuals and the boat is currently at a marina in Maine (they can't figure it out). I live in Dover, NH and would really appreciate it if someone could direct me to a diesel mechanic who can figure this out.

I would love to hear from anyone with a Nissan LD28 who could provide guidance or suggestions. I'm losing my mind!

My cellphone is 603.953.5887 or JFOkie@comcast.net

Thanks,
John O'Connor

Return to “Albin Maintenance”