• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

bathroom soap dish removal

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: bathroom soap dish removal

Post by Nancy »

Dag, are those plastic plugs called something other than, er, plastic plugs? Where do you find them? I don't seem them on www.acehardware.com, for example.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

Nancy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:32 pm Dag, are those plastic plugs called something other than, er, plastic plugs? Where do you find them? I don't seem them on www.acehardware.com, for example.
No idea what they are called, but my local Ace hardware has a lot of good stuff for boaters. (Located on Marina Mile Road in Fort Lauderdale)
These little plugs are the same color as the gelcoat on my tub.
Got 40-50 installed as there was lots of old holes from previous equipment being removed on my boat.

I will be happy to buy and ship to fellow Albinos, they are probably $0.10 a piece or whatever. I got a bag on my boat, it came in handy today after removing the soap dish and the tooth brush holder, and a few moths ago when I plugged up the screw holes from the inside carpet, etc.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fairhaven, MA

Post by gmberkley »

yours looks exactly like mine, mine is low enough that I can't get my head under it to see it, I'll take my phone and place it under the bottom and take a picture of it so I know what I'm up against, I'll have this resolved by Monday, I'll keep the group posted, thanks to all that assisted, great group of very helpful folks, can't thank you enough for all of the guidance over the last few months.
Gregg M. Berkley 25 Ton Master USCG
2005 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck
Fairhaven, MA
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

gmberkley wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:03 am yours looks exactly like mine, mine is low enough that I can't get my head under it to see it, I'll take my phone and place it under the bottom and take a picture of it so I know what I'm up against, I'll have this resolved by Monday, I'll keep the group posted, thanks to all that assisted, great group of very helpful folks, can't thank you enough for all of the guidance over the last few months.
Well, you motivated me to look into replacing mine as well. It's been pitted and has bothered me ever since I took ownership in 2013.

I removed it today by partially unscrewing the bottom set screw. Low and behold the manufacturer's name is on the bottom .. "Franklin". A quick Google search and it's called the "Futura" and in stock at my local Ace Hardware. I'll be picking one up tomorrow.
20210528_182225.jpg
20210528_182208.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fairhaven, MA

Post by gmberkley »

Completed, got it off, as noted by the team, there was a very small set screw on the bottom, I took a picture and still had a hard time seeing it, but I put the smallest screw driver I have under the center and kept moving it around unit I felt like it was moving, and low and behind, off it came...............another small miracle, thank you all, the tooth brush holder dilemma solved, on to another mystery...............the starter for my engine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Gregg M. Berkley 25 Ton Master USCG
2005 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck
Fairhaven, MA
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

You mean like a regular towel bar? That's it?
Well I coulda told you THAT!

Congrats, and thank you for posting.

On to the starter! (Check all your cables and connections first. I once found a cable so bad it dropped two volts between the battery clamp and the exposed cable two inches away.)

Return to “Albin Maintenance”