• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Mid bilge pump mystery

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Albesaurus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Connecticut

Mid bilge pump mystery

Post by Albesaurus »

I’ve searched the threads but nothing is right on with my situation. This is a 2002 28TE. I have spent a good couple of days under the Helm seat replacing seacocks. I noticed the remote bilge pump is not connected to any power. The pump is still in place with all the plumbing connected. The hose leads under the engine ( engine box) it has a pick up strainer and a float switch but again without power its doing nothing. I have a forward and aft pump working good.

Is the 3rd pump necessary? There is also the manual pump in the same location (under engine)
Has anyone else eliminated this mid bilge pump. Just wondering why this was just abandoned in place.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Mid bilge pump mystery

Post by Tree »

I ditched mine out. When the boat arrived we tried every switch and that one blew its fuse. Investigated and found the pump was seized. Took it out and fitted and all in one pump under the engine. That’s probably seized now as it’s never been used.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Paddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Freeport, NY

Post by Paddy »

Same with me, my midship pump is seized. I believe it is fastened to a piece of starboard that is held in place with some sealant. I plan on disconnecting the discharge hose and giving it a gentle yank. If it doesn't move, I am leaving it. The other pumps are new.
2004 28TE
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

Mine is working, but a bit slow.
Planning to replace it with a modern remote bilge pump.
8DE8B89E-6FAC-4826-91D0-7F50DA0340B7.jpeg
Probably one of these:
77F7714B-3F07-4F06-84B3-C9E5ED15642D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”