• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Dashboard Panel

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

benuge
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wickford, Rhode Island

Dashboard Panel

Post by benuge »

I am looking to replace my electronics. Is there a blank dash board panel available that I can customize? If not, what is the best material to use for this? The boat is a 2003 28' TE.
Thanks,
Bernie
elad9000
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart FL

Re: Dashboard Panel

Post by elad9000 »

Try your local plastics supplier/fabricator. We used a black, glossy faced plastic 1/4" thick. It ha a clear base with a top layer of black. When letters are engraved they go through the top black layer and allow back lighting to illuminate the letters for night viewing. We used a puck LED light mounted behind the dash. A simple CAD program was used for the layout. The CAD file was downloaded into the plastic suppliers engraver/router. All gauges are from the original Albin 28 dash.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Dale Purdy
enJOYCEment
2000 28 TE 1800 hrs
Stuart, FL
Mar Azul
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mago Point , Waterford, Connecticut

Post by Mar Azul »

link to what I did when I first bought my boat. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10754
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

Thinking about replacing the switches and glass fuses with a modern push button panel:
36D93B20-78DA-4B09-9B7B-FEFC18D53B55.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”