• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Photo posting?

Albin's "power cruisers"
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Photo posting?

Post by NickScheuer »

Review photo posting procedure: When I click on the "insert image' icon above the message rectangle "[img] [img]" appears, but I can't figure out what to do with that. After I go to my photo file and copy a particular pic, what do I do with it to get it inserted in the post? Each of the forums on which I post photos has a different procedure for uploading, and this forum seems to be cumbersome. Not being very fluent in computer technology, I have little patience with "cumbersome". There is one other forum on which I never bother with photos because it is extremely cumbersome. 've posted pics here before, but seem to have forgttern how I did it. Not a real prob; computer tech is not the end of the world for me, not like working on boat projects with wood and epoxy.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Re: Photo posting?

Post by nebulatech »

Under "full editor" scroll down and there is a tab with an option to upload a photo. Once it uploads, click in the message box where you want the image, then scroll back down to your uploaded image. Click "place inline."

It works great with phones, which is nice.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

Many thanks nebulatech! Per your instruction I was able to post a photo of my pilothouse arch reinforcement.
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

nebulatech, your procedure worked fine the other day for posting a pic of my arch reinforcement. However, now I do not see "full editor" anywhere for posting a photo on another topic.
Where is it?
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

Never mind, now I see "full editor" by the "submit button. I don't think it was there earlier.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

It used to be image file size allowed for upload to AOG was limited to like 1 or 2 MB. Now you can go up to about what, 4 or 5 MB? Some of my hi res photos are over 6 MB & have to resize them down to smaller sizes. Remember back in the day when a 70 MB hard drive on a desktop PC was considered large? How times & technology changes. I have a 64 gig mini SanDisk card the size of my ring finger fingernail in my smartphone that literally holds six years worth of hi res photos (backed up of course) with room to spare. Even 30 years ago that would be the stuff of futuristic Star Trek sci fi.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

When the original Star Trek was airing, there was a survey about which future tech would likely be developed in the viewers' lifetimes. Both the phaser and teleportation were ranked as more probable than the wireless communicator (he types on his smartphone)!
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

What about Dick Tracy?
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

2001 A Space Odyssey didn't have much of a shelf life.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”