• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Looking to downsize from Regal 3880 to Albin 28

nobuoys5
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Fairhaven MA

Looking to downsize from Regal 3880 to Albin 28

Post by nobuoys5 »

I have joined the group to learn more about the Albin boats. I am looking to downsize from my 2006 Regal 3880. I purchased it new in 2009, replaced port engine 2017 and starboard in 2019. I am interested in the Albin 28TE and Albin 28 Flush. Look forward to learning more about these great boats. Currently I am located near Cape Cod, MA
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Looking to downsize from Regal 3880 to Albin 28

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard! We're Albin 25 owners, so can't help with much about the 28TE. We were out in Chatham a few years ago visiting a cousin who was vacationing at his uncle in law's cottage & got a ride on his Chris Craft center console outboard. Sadly that cousin later passed away in a tragic boating accident near his home in Tennessee. Nice area up there around Cape Cod. Good luck with your search.
20170918_161730.jpg
20170918_160348.jpg
20170918_161346.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Post by Capt Brad »

Good luck on your search. I am still enjoying my 28 FD and not looking to sell for awhile. It will be a big change to down size but these boats take Buzzards bay slop really well. You have to use some helm in quartering seas and they are wet on the pilot house .....rains is your friend.
Also touch base with Ken Hilton at Standish boatyard in Tiverton. He was a big Albin dealer and might know of some leads .

Capt Brad
Capt Brad
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Post by Capt Brad »

Capt Brad wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:24 am Good luck on your search. I am still enjoying my 28 FD and not looking to sell for awhile. It will be a big change to down size but these boats take Buzzards bay slop really well. You have to use some helm in quartering seas and they are wet on the pilot house .....rainx is your friend.
Also touch base with Ken Hilton at Standish boatyard in Tiverton. He was a big Albin dealer and might know of some leads .

Capt Brad
Capt Brad

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”