• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Gearbox Coupler Needed for MD17C

Albin's "power cruisers"
lwight
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: none

Gearbox Coupler Needed for MD17C

Post by lwight »

My Albin turns a 30mm shaft and I desperately need the coupler between this shaft and the MSD gearbox. Anyone got a good one they could sell???
thanks,
Larry
Friday Harbor WA
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Gearbox Coupler Needed for MD17C

Post by WillieC »

Hmmm...have you priced a new one?

A good prop shop should be able to help out. Like Gary in Mukilteo. You will want to face any coupler you end up with, according to the book. (Thus, boat out of water, shaft removed.)

Are you in the water? How did you get to this point, or are you just putting the boat together? Or did it grenade when you ran into something?

There are a couple different styles for attaching to shaft. Some incorporate tapered pins, others are clamp style. I was able to install an R&D Engineering shaft saver. Haven't needed it...yet.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Friday Harbor? Albin 25? Are we by chance talking about "Gladness" with the green painted transom? If so I'm envious of the tabernacle set up on that boat. And that Lofrans style anchor windlass.
If not, do you happen to know the owner? We saw it & I took pictures in Friday Harbor in 2016 but the owner wasn't around. Too bad, would have liked to meet.
20160627_142511.jpg
20160627_143034.jpg
20160627_142618.jpg
20160627_142632.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Larry, I have to open my MD17C crate tomorrow or Saturday. If you could send a picture or link to a diagram, I'll see what I have. It may make sense when I open the box. I know I have the key, but I might need it. I probably have a coupler. Not sure if it is what you need, but it should be original parts.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”