• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

FaceBook Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Albin's "power cruisers"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: FaceBook Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Post by jcollins »

Not a fan of the Facebook site
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

Wow, lots of FB hating and perhaps conspiracy theories?
I am a member and have several groups, no big deal, no evil forces lurking, take everything with a grain of salt and chill..😳

I am a member of the FB Albin Group and started the FB Albin 28TE boats group.
SM and perhaps FB may be the future, not sure, not a nerd or a techie.🙄

Easy to stay in touch with old friends and old colleagues, especially for guys like me who has worked for 30-40 companies with lots of colleagues all over the planet.
All good. 👌
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

No hate or conspiracy theory emanating from me. As with other comments above, however, it is a simple fact that a Facebook group will kill off the forum that spawns it. I have seen this several times now. A forum remains as an archive, endlessly useful to the enthusiast and the neophyte, whereas a Facebook group is ephemeral by its very nature, like a rapid stream of bubbles that generate and burst in rapid succession.

If an AOG Facebook page were created, this forum would die within a couple of years.
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Please, let's keep AOG as AOG forum. It really is an astounding archive of good quality info. about Albins of all kinds. That said, I don't see many posts from Albin Sailboat owners. Does this mean they are not as active as us diesel types, or just not into group stuff?
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

DCatSea wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:08 pm Please, let's keep AOG as AOG forum. It really is an astounding archive of good quality info. about Albins of all kinds. That said, I don't see many posts from Albin Sailboat owners. Does this mean they are not as active as us diesel types, or just not into group stuff?
Albin sailboats are catered to by the Sailboat Owners Forum, where they have their own section:

https://forums.sailboatowners.com/forums/albin.286/
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Wow, lots of FB hating and perhaps conspiracy theories?
I am a member and have several groups, no big deal, no evil forces lurking, take everything with a grain of salt and chill..😳
Not a hater at all. I do use Facebook to keep up with family and friends. I have to. There is a generation that only shares photos and life experiences via Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. That's a shame as it is a big deal. Rest assured no ones personal information is sold from AOG. Spammers, trolls, and other bad actors are dealt with swiftly. That's one reason I'm so picky about links. Our members are not bombarded with advertising and the only misinformation that is posted is purely by accident or just lack of knowledge. I do acknowledge that AOG will not be around forever. A few years ago we had around 900k page views a month. This year we are 350-400k. For now it's a database of information posted and shared by owners and interested parties of Albin boats since 2006, that is easily searched and shared. I don't think you'll find that on Facebook.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

I'm not on FB but yet I've had bad experiences.

When we've had family tragedies and wanted privacy, FB had all the news, within hours, for all "friends and colleagues" to see, gossip, conspiracy theorize...

My best friend since I was 12 is a big FB fan, and unfortunately was one of the culprits. We've hardly spoke since.

Thanks FB!
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

"the only misinformation that is posted is purely by accident or just lack of knowledge"

We do our misinformation the old fashioned way. I used to be a font of knowledge until the internet came along. Real time fact checking at parties and gatherings put me out of business. I EARNED my irrelevance.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”