• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hey! New Members!

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hull problems

Post by RicM »

Over on the Albin Cruisers group on Yahoo there is a 2005 TE with hull problems. This really surprised me as I thought that Albin hulls were their strong point. I'm trying to get the owners onto this forum to hear more about it. See below:

Hi Ric, Unfortunately our bottom did fail (lots of little bumps and
bubbles in the fiberglass) after the 2006 season and our boat spent
all last winter in RI at the factory having the bottom taken down and
then repainted, $10,000 worth of work. They did a sloppy job and we
have more bumps and bubbles this year. The dealer was talking to
Albin about how to remedy this when we found out they were closing.
Looks like we will be out of luck on this one. Sue

I'm not sure that this would change my search if I were you, but a used boat well surveyed is better than a new boat in my book.

Ric
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
DBM

Post by DBM »

Gregk- you have a Private Message.
jillsusan
Gold Member
Gold Member

hull issues

Post by jillsusan »

Hi,

I have an 05 as well-- i noticed the same thing this past season when I put her up on land. Mostly by the thruster. It is not really a big deal-- just will have it sanded down and then re glassed in the spots. I was told even Grady Whites have the same issue sometimes. It is below the waterline and under the bottom paint so it will not be such a big deal.

i also have a blue hull and noticed discolorations-- i was supposed to send it back to the factory but they closed down. based on your story i am glad they did not do any work.

i still love the boat-- costs nothing to run and is very sturdy- will go thru anything.

Steve

Return to “General Discussion”