• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 25 in FL

Albin's "power cruisers"
Mainer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Portland Maine

Albin 25 in FL

Post by Mainer »

Just came across this A25 for sale on Craigslist in Florida.

<Discussions about these fine boats are appreciated greatly. Links to advertising sites will be removed. >
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Re: Albin 25 for sale in FL

Post by Bob Noodat »

Looks as if it started life as a motor sailer.
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Looks as if it started life as a motor sailer.
Yep, looks like fittings for the later DeLuxe version sail rig with a compression post between the settees and the mast stepped a couple feet ahead of the windshield (unlike my early version with mast up against the windshield). No mention of having a mast and boom to go with it. Look close & you can see the chainplate attachment points for the side shrouds on the side of the cabin window & the backstay tang at the stern next to the stern light/flagpole socket. For $6,000 it's a steal. Galvanized Load Rite trailer with rollers. Says "running diesel engine" with 555 hours, but nothing else about the engine. Likely the original VP MD17C? So assume the engine might be in need of overhaul or replacement. Definitely needs some TLC, the hull/deck joint rub rail looks rough but that might clean up with a Scotch pad & some acetone. Ha ha, the galley is fitted with a Coleman camp stove like mine was, only this is one the old fashioned white gas pump up type.

My brother down in Florida lives in Fort Pierce just 20 minutes away from Port St. Lucie . I'll have to tell him about it. Would be cool to have two A25's in the family on either side of the country, although I don't think he has room in his yard to park it or a truck to tow it with.

An "Albin" search on that site (the link doesn't work so have to go on CL for Florida/Treasure Coast) brings up a plethora of other Albin types, a 27FC and in the "nearby areas" a 36 trawler and a bunch of 28 TE's. The 36 Trawler is a 1978 project boat for *gasp* $7,000. That one he describes as "Engine is a 120 hp Ford Lehman, acts like it's locked up, but the bore-scope tells a different story. I believe the problem lies in the Dampener plate to the Transmission." Of course like any 70s vintage Taiwan built trawler $7K can easily turn into $70K before you know it.

That A27 in nearby Fort Pierce looks quite nice for $24,500, "160HP Diesel with 1,204 hrs YANMAR 4LHA-HTP SERIAL M26161 repower in 2006 Engine/transmission, shaft, dripless shaft seal, new 17.5 x 19 prop". If I lived there I'd be quite tempted to jump on that.
A27FtPierce.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

That certainly is the coast to be on for the steals. The only question that far south might be woodrot, which can be nasty in the humid south, but what can be seen looks quite reasonable.
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

My boat spent some years in Florida under prior owners, circa 1990-99 & no signs of wood rot. The dry desert heat for the last six has been a bit rough on it, starting to see some wear & tear.
20170505_152723_resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”