• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Faded hull has anyone used poli glow?? Transom Wrap anyone?

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

LISal
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Merrick, NY

Re: Faded hull has anyone used poli glow?? Transom Wrap anyone?

Post by LISal »

So I used the leprechaun magic yesterday on a test area. I first tried as shown on tv lol and just applied. It definitely made it 70 percent better and would be acceptable for quick fix. I then used the poly glow cleaner and worked a 2 foot square and applied magic instead of glow. It was impressive!!! brought back to a dark lustering shine. I have dark green but was looking ke a lighter green with white chalk on it... You have to clean area with something to get some oxidation off. I will inspect after a few days and will wash to see how much is left behind. the difference between poli and magic is that magic doesn't act like nt and dry hard. it is a nice protective barrier but you get build up after years of use. the magic may be a new alternative to the poly glow will keep you posted.
LISal
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Merrick, NY

Post by LISal »

Leprechaun Magic Is magic. This stuff is amazing even if you have to put it on weekly it's so easy and the boat looks great. I did ia test with a 4 step compound the another polish so from dark grey to white then a polish and then the magic on a rag after using poly prep to get some oxidation off. I used the poly ox excuse me the ajax type stuff amazing stuff for oxidation. use a firm deck brush or hand held stiff low knap brushes.. after a few rain storms in the back yard you could not tell them apart or honestly barely tell them apart. I will admit that after all the compound and wheel work yes the shine and luster was greater but the amount of work and time it past does not warrant it. Get some Magic for you colored hulls it wont dissapoint if you have oxidation. you can go straight over without any prep as advertised.. the pre work gust gets you a darker more uniform final result. no prep and you will see the small white translucent dots. Hope i am not to late for most. I do notice that after a week it is still shining but after brushing it will need to be replaced. Its definitely a quick fix rub on and rub off quick massage and done...
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

3M imperial compound/polish. Finished with two coats of Collonite wax. 20 years old next year and only fades slightly over the year.

My season is generally 50 weeks of the year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Nancy's Promise
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Keyport NJ

Post by Nancy's Promise »

Try Penetrol. They sell it at Lowes. I guy in my marina used it on his 1996 sea ray faded blue gel coat last year. It still looks good this season.
Kimotee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mattapoisett MA

Re: Winter Cover

Post by Kimotee »

Do you have a source for the winter cover?

As former warm-weather folks, we are newbies to the winter storage cycle. We just shrink-wrapped this year, but over time a permanent cover would make sense. What other framing gear is involved?

Kimo
larryrotta
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: suttons bay, MI

Post by larryrotta »

Kimotee,
I have a Genco full winter cover w. full framing and 4 jackstands. All in very good condition. Raffles is living in a heated building now and for the future so the cover is no longer needed. Difficulty is that gear is located in the Detroit area...Some distance from you. pm me if you have any interest. Also contact Genco if you want a new one as they must have the pattern.

Larry
RAFFLES TE28
AK bulkhead, Cummins 370B
Ex RUDDY DUCK
Tunateaser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Babylon, NY

Post by Tunateaser »

What is the cost of Poliglow vs Nano coating? Can anyone comment of the longevity of each?
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Express
Hull#223
Twin 315 Yanmar 6lpa-stp
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Post by Capt Brad »

Nancy’s Promise,
Penatrol
Do you put it on before you wax or after? I used to use it on my fake teak on my Grady and it looked like new for a few months.
Capt Brad
Nancy's Promise
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Keyport NJ

Post by Nancy's Promise »

When you use penatrol. Wipe the area with acetone. Then use a foam brush or roller to apply the penatrol. No wax. It will last a season or two. If it starts to look bad. I come off with acetone.
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Post by Capt Brad »

Thanks
Capt Brad

Return to “Albin Maintenance”