• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

drain hole for aft sink/shower question

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

jashmen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: bayville, nj

drain hole for aft sink/shower question

Post by jashmen »

On my 36 the aft head sink (gravity) and shower (sump) exit a thru hull located a couple inches below the waterline. Is there any reason it can't be a couple inches above the waterline? My seacock is frozen, and i am considering relocating it higher. One less chance of sinking.
cdsailor
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St Joseph

Re: drain hole for aft sink/shower question

Post by cdsailor »

jashmen wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:00 pm On my 36 the aft head sink (gravity) and shower (sump) exit a thru hull located a couple inches below the waterline. Is there any reason it can't be a couple inches above the waterline? My seacock is frozen, and i am considering relocating it higher. One less chance of sinking.
As long as things still drain well, there shouldn't be a problem. The only advantage of having it below the waterline is less potential for stains on the hull and more discreet overboard discharge of your gray water.

I gather you'll glass the old location closed? And I'm assuming you've worked at freeing the frozen seacock? Most of Molly's seacocks were stuck open, but I managed to get them all freed and functioning - save one that must have been damaged in a freeze.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”