• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

For those who have replaced their bow thruster prop...

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: For those who have replaced their bow thruster prop...

Post by RobS »

Albin did a poor job of setting the gear unit true in the tunnel so some installs required trimming the thruster blades. You can easily see in these pics that the drive was off centered on my TE but it was not enough to require trimming of the blades as others had to do. Either way, no biggie..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Yearwood »

Yesterday went to install a new six blade propeller supplied by Vetus for our 2001 28' PH kgf55. Could not get unit completely on the shaft. Turns out that the last 3/8" or so of the shaft next to the gear box is a bit larger in diameter than the propeller bore. Used a 9/16" bit and a hand held electric drill to rebore one side of the propeller and it seems to fit fine. Seems to me that Vetus screwed up somewhere.
Don
verit
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Millers Island, MD

Post by verit »

Great pics! Thanks for the heads-up. Was wondering if you plan to put on any zincs on the Vetus prop?
Tom

1997 - Albin 28 TE
Millers Island, MD
Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Yearwood »

Prop is a composition material (Vetus' repr did not know material details) and does not need zinc. Zinc is installed on right angle drive.
Don
elad9000
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart FL

Post by elad9000 »

On my 2000 28 TE the original 4 blade prop for the SP55S thruster had a part number SM7126. Some years back I replaced the thruster leg where the prop mounts. Old leg had oil lubrication whereas the new leg is sealed and permanently lubricated. The SM7126 prop will not fit the new leg. Does not slide on the shaft far enough. The new prop part number is SM7126A. Be careful when ordering a replacement prop.
Dale Purdy
enJOYCEment
2000 28 TE 1800 hrs
Stuart, FL

Return to “Albin Maintenance”