• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Curtain rods?

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Curtain rods?

Post by tribologist »

We finished most of the painting and have installed most of the hardware and now we are thinking of what to do with the curtains. New mounts are about $70 plus shipping but they seem to be hard to open when removing the curtains. Are there better alternatives we should consider?

Ulf
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Re: Curtain rods?

Post by kerrye »

The original system is not worth installing in my view. The holders only grab by a single screw thread and easily come loose. I’d look for something different
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Somebody here has replaced with the original clips from Stefan at Albinmotor in Sweden, if I recall, but I just epoxied small, 1X1 blocks where I wanted support for shock cord or rods. As you know, the skin is thin. You can go as fancy or as cheap as you like. There is a nice system that uses buttons and slider rods that perfectly pleat and fold back the curtain as you slide it. Fortunately, I stalled until the last week of prep before The Big Trip to learn how to sew new curtains. (What the heck is a bobbin?) That took all my brain power and dexterity so the mounting system is low tech.
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

I would look to something other than original. I have the original rods and new, but still original, fasteners. The screws are prone to pulling loose and I only used them to keep the fasteners in place until the 5200 adhesive set. I have seen the track WillieC refers to is a couple of boats and it my opinion it is a better system.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

I just goggled curtain track and landed on some Sailrite videos. Now THERE is a wealth of information. (I am not a paid shill, just a regular guy.) As a bonus, they skip the mind numbing faux music accompaniment.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Thanks, yes i seen those. They are like crack... like watching Bill Gudenrath blowing glass. Eats a better part of an evening going from video to video. Now im thinking of getting a walking foot sewing machine..

Ulf
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”