• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin-25 Manual Bilge Pump

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Albin-25 Manual Bilge Pump

Post by NickScheuer »

Any idea what brand of pump was used in 1976? It's tucked in an awkward position under the starboard cockpit seat and I don't want to remove it until I have either a new pump or a repair kit for the original.
stxray
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sea Isle City, NJ

Re: Albin-25 Manual Bilge Pump

Post by stxray »

Hey Nick,
I know it's been awhile since you posted this so, I'm guessing you've already solved your problem. But, just in case, it's a Whale pump.
Al Dente
1975 Albin 25 Deluxe, Hull #2350
Volvo Penta MD3B
Dinghy: 7'2" Achilles Inflatable w/ 2 Hp Honda
Residence: Southeast Pennsylvania
Homeport: Sea Isle City, NJ
ednlorna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port St. John, FL

Post by ednlorna »

Wow, the manual bildge pump came from the Albin factory in that weird location? Oops, I was wondering why a PO put it there!

Here is how I fixed my Whale Gusher when the retaining ring for the nitrile diaphram broke.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

Before ordering a replacement or repair kit, it's actually pretty easy to remove and when mine was malfunctioning I discovered a piece of debris on the outlet flap which was stopping it from priming.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”