• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bow rails reset

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

team one
Mate
Mate

Bow rails reset

Post by team one »

Has anyone reset their bow rails on an Albin, looks like the deck flanges holding the rail are threaded thu with the nuts and a washer inside buried somewhere. How difficult is it to get at the nuts, Looks like you need 2 people to do the job, this was recommended boat is about 12years old. Any thoughts would be helpful. I intend on using silcon to reset loose fasten initially, then tighten up next day.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

I would be interested to see how this is done too because at 10 years my boat will be needing it soon. I would recommend using a polysulfide sealer like Boat Life or 3M 4200 rather than silicone.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

We had one where the stud had sheared off. We simply drilled three holes around the flange and used some stainless screws to reattach it. There was no way to access the underside on our boat.
team one
Mate
Mate

Post by team one »

I think you need to remove some of the ceiling material inside the boat along the edge, not sure. You cannot get the screws out without getting the nuts underneath. My boat is a 32 so maybe there is more room, not sure. hopefully someone has done this or has an idea.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”