• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

AC/HEAT system

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

AC/HEAT system

Post by kjg1951 »

I had a Dometic Envirocool ECD unit installed yesterday . Heat and air run great but when it hits the set temp the compressor and pump shut off but NOT the fan. How do I get it so that the fan also shuts off? Thank you
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: AC/HEAT system

Post by RobS »

They do that so the built in tstat thermometer can better monitor the air temperature. Some units may have an optional auto mode feature on the fan to cycle the fan on/off. Didn't you get an operation manual with the new unit ?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Post by Panhdjoe »

i am with you. It seems that the fan cycling would be desirable. All Marine reverse cycle units that I checked on are designed that way. I am sure that somebody probably builds one but all of the major brands are that way. It does help keep the boat dry and fresh.
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
wpcv1776
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Redondo Beach, CA

Post by wpcv1776 »

I have the same unit. I've read the manual and as far as I can tell there's no way to make the fan cycle on and off. We just set the temperature a little high in the winter to offset the airflow when the heat is not blowing.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”