• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

35TE info

bfay007

35TE info

Post by bfay007 »

Hi -
I'm interested in learning more about the 35TE. Are there any owners on this board? Would like to know the likes/dislikes. Interested in it as mostly a cruiser.

Thanks,
Bob
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

TE series

Post by RicM »

What is your intended use of the boat? We have a 28 TE and our interests are fishing first (Inshore to 15-20nm offshore) and cruising second. We wanted a boat to weekend on and fish. The TE series is a good combination of the two as long as you are not interested in far offshore fishing. Albins are designed for comfort and economy, not speed. If you want to fish far offshore you will want something that will do 30+ kts. An Albin is not going to do that, and if it does it will be costly in fuel. I'm sure that you will get many good reviews on the 35 on this forum. After one season I have to say our 28 TE is all I hoped for and more. We just spent a week together cruising & fishing Cape Cod & the Islands and covered almost 300nm. This Friday we are heading to Block Island for another weekend and I can't wait!
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Happy 35 TE Owner

Post by Legacy »

Here are a bunch of rambling thoughts from a happy 35TE owner.

I have a 1998 Albin 35TE. Although the dark blue hull needs to be redone, the previous owner neglected it. But she's terrific and turns head wherever we go.

Dislikes: Rod storage is an after thought, the windlass is just OK and the actual fit and finish of the interior woodwork is kind of blah. We refinished the wood and it looks much better. With the big windows in the main salon sometimes we don't get enough privacy - - but with such a pretty boat we get a lot of looks anyway! The electronics console sits too high above the helm station dash so the seat needs to be big. The couch in the main salon could be better. I'd also redesign the removable salon table - - bulky and lacks any style. Stove is under a small hatch and the burner surface rusts a bit - -but in newer models that has been changed. Sure wish there were thorough owners manuals. Needs a better hanging closet for clothes.

Likes: Twin 370 Cummins are actually reasonably fuel efficient, the boat is quick and handles very well. Seems much bigger than a 35. I have a tuna tower and love driving her from up top. Smooth in rough seas, plenty of entertaining room. Two zone AC/heat are terrific. The boat is beamy, plenty of storage and easy access for maintenance. Feels solid when you step on board. With some upgrades the stateroom is very comfortable. Maneuverable in tight quarters so it's easy to visit new places and marinas.

Overall, I'd buy another.

Any specific questions, let me know.

Good luck!
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Bob,
Contact Joe at Sassafras Harbor Marina. Tell him the crew from Albin Owners suggested it. He has always been helpful.

2 George Street
Georgetown, Maryland
410-275-1144
fax 410-275-9966

http://www.sassafrasharbormarina.com/
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
bfay007

Post by bfay007 »

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm looking to use it only as a cruiser, overnight on weekends, with a 10 day trip each summer. I like the salon being up, rather than the "cave" of my current express cruiser, and I really don't want to go to a sedan, or a larger express...I'm also tired of fooling with canvas, isenglass, and such...And who knows, it might be a good reason to fish occasionally...

Bob
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Command Bridge

Post by RicM »

Have you looked at the 35 Command Bridge? More cruise less fish. Just a thought.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
bfay007

Post by bfay007 »

RicM,

Yes - the CB is interesting as well...Though the 35TE is more appealing.

One question I have about the 35TE is companion seating. Looks like a single helm seat with no companion seat. Just concerned about the first mate.

Bob
TD
First Mate
First Mate

35TE Good and Bad

Post by TD »

I have a 2000 35TE and really like the following: twin Cummins cruise over 20mph at 2000rpm, rear steering station nice for backing into my boat house or at docks when needed, the kitchen is up so cook can have fun at happy hour too--that is why I wanted a 2000 or later 35TE, have been 50 miles off shore fishing and handles well in pretty good seas, have storage for 8 rods [10-12] if I double stack in overhead rod holder, I remove snap in carpets at end of season and pressure wash to clean, have automatic oil changer which is nice. I also felt the 35TE was more safe in rough waters then anything smaller.

Bad Things: No chair for mate but you can mount one I believe where table is if desired, my electronics are overhead and sometimes when I am in hurry I hit my head on bottom front of units, I am sure command bridge is better for seeing but I have now traded that feature for having a mostly all on one level boat so as I get older I minimize steps to handle myself when necessary.
HANG'M HIGH
2000 35TE Cummins Twin 370HP
Seattle
Sequoia

Cruising at it's best in size range.

Post by Sequoia »

Nicest boat and best cruiser I've owned. Cruised from Newport to Bahamas and back outer passage and inland waterways, put on 1200 hours over 9 months. easy to operate and run solo or with two. Comfortable, fast, economical. Wife loves it just as much. It's for sale now if your looking for a good deal. We've moved up to a 45.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”