• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 Cabin 'glass'/bedding curtain supports HELP

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

tentative
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Garcon Point, FL

A25 Cabin 'glass'/bedding curtain supports HELP

Post by tentative »

A25 #277 I am in need of help to replace the front window 'glass' in the cabin and all the window glass in the aft cabin. Is there a supplier that already may have the templates?
What supplier might have the rubber bedding, aka? 'gimp'?
How in the world do I mount some kind of curtain hanger system, without drilling holes thru my cabin roof?
Please
tentative
Swabby
Swabby

Re: A25 Cabin 'glass'/bedding curtin supports HELP

Post by tentative »

Please .. somebody should know something!
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

The front and rear windows are made of acrylic plastic. Any plastic shop can cut you a replacement using either the old window as a pattern or making a new pattern from hardboard.

The side windows are made from flat panels of laminated safety glass. Most automotive glass shops can cut this for you if you make up a template or still have the original. Tempered glass can also be used.

There are lots of articles in the A25/A27 links on this. Just type "window replacement" in the search panel for the link.

The original curtain rod holders can be ordered from Albin Motor in Sweden. The are designed to be attached with 6mm long screws. I have found that the screws work best to hold the hanger in place until the 3M5200 adhesive cures.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

I glued small wood blocks to the inside using epoxy. Nothing fancy, maybe even JB weld would work. Just rough up area and clean off with light dab of acetone. this will give you some body to run a screw into. I abandoned the sunlight destroyed original curtain holders and simply screwed small eyescrews into the wood blocks. A million ways to do this project.
tentative
Swabby
Swabby

Post by tentative »

Thank you Gentlemen.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

I've got info on here somewhere on my replacement. I cut my own bow and stern class using the old pieces as templates. I think my posts may have the supplier for the rubber gasket. You'll need the tool to install the locking strip in the gasket. That info is in my post also I think. I'll see if I can find it. I bought the curtain rod holders from Albin in Sweden. Some have popped off after I installed them despite gluing them. End ones stay in place better than center ones.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

Return to “Albin Maintenance”