• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Cockpit Drain Hose Size

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Towboat
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Maine

Cockpit Drain Hose Size

Post by Towboat »

Found this forum shortly after getting my hands on a pretty under maintained 28TE for a steal - looks like a great resource & I have a lot of work to do! Since I'm not near the boat & want to collect some parts and pieces, was hoping someone on here would know the hose size for the cockpit deck hatch drains that exit out the transom. Looked like 1" when I was there last, but thought I'd confirm here if anyone knows

Thanks very much!
TuckerLee
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Bodega Bay

Re: Cockpit Drain Hose Size

Post by TuckerLee »

Yes mine were 1 inch hoses and fittings. The original hoses are stretched , must have been put in before the deck over the fuel tank was installed. Cut the hoses long enough to get the hose clamps on. The hose will sag a little and hold some water but it fixed my leaks.
I must warn you our 28TE were each made individually with the parts that were available, not all with be the same even same year. The pluming and electric wires will some times be run different, especially with different electronics ,radar arch, bow thruster even the bilge pumps have a lot of wire and hose differences.
congratulations on your acquisition It is very excellent ship.
Towboat
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Maine

Post by Towboat »

Thank you very much for the Info and tips!
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

'I also replaced my main deck drain and they were 2" as I remember. My flanges were broken. I had to order on line as West Marine could not match them up. I have only done my Starboard side and it was such a pain I'm redoing it and the Port on the next haul out. There is very little room and it is a dead connection where the hose was put on then the deck fitting screwed down. I also used wire reinforced hose and will not use it again.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal

Return to “Albin Maintenance”