• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

31TE Fuel Gauge and Sender Replacement

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

31TE Fuel Gauge and Sender Replacement

Post by jointventure »

The system is three wire - S-send, G-neg, I- +12v.
Guage check --- remove the S wire, with power on should read empty. With the S wire still off add a jumper between S and G , with power on should read full. If good problem with sender.
Sender replace --- remove the center deck panel.May not be able to lift it due to caulking between the panel and deck flange. I used a hydraulic jack between the stingers and panel.Remove the three wires and five mounting screws and lift out the sender.
There may or not be a Mfg or P/N. Mine was a Centroid Products, Edgewater, FL. Part Number CGFP-21.25 ($69.00) . To order call Mary at 386-423-3574 and she will talk you thru a number of questions to determine the exact unit you need.
The sender measures capacitance which is converted to volts and sent to the guage, which with confuse the ohmmeter if you try to take a resistance reading.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000

Return to “Albin Maintenance”