• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Painting superstructure

Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Painting superstructure

Post by Sisu22 »

Hi All - First post here on the site. I'm under contract on a 28 Albin TE that has had the superstructure painted, maybe 5-10 years ago and the paint is dull and dirty. I believe it can be cleaned to get it back to white but not 100% sure. I've gotten a local quote here in CA and their figures were $300 / ft to paint hull sides only (topsides) and then 800-1000/ foot to paint the superstructure, including all sanding, materials, paint, labor, etc. I guess that makes sense based on the detail that goes into it, but just wanted to put a feeler out and see if that seems like a reasonable amount based on members' experience. Thanks!
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: Painting superstructure

Post by Jeremyvmd »

My marina quoted my 7k ish for a repaint of just the hull. So pretty close to what your being quoted. If that's for all the prep work and taping etc then at least that part seems on par. Can't comment on the superstructure but the price seems high...
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Post by Sisu22 »

OK thanks. I got another superstructure quote (rubrail up) for 18,500 including detail of hull below rubrail.
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250
Alan_Douville
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Joseph Michigan, Pier 33

Post by Alan_Douville »

Just had my 28TE completely pained top and bottom with Awlgrip, took them all winter and 5 clearcoats at the end to finish it. It was a big job and $18K start to finish for the painting was the quote.

Alan
Alan

2008 28 Albin TE NE
Valkyrie
St. Joseph MI.
Hull Number: AUL 28 942 H 708

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”