• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Taggteam Upgrades

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

taggteam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape May, NJ

Taggteam Upgrades

Post by taggteam »

Well.....looks like the first upgrade that I'll be doing on the new boat will be to install Pantograph wipers....had some substantial spray while crossing the NY harbor last week on my way to home port....and was pretty dissatisfied with the stock wipers.

So....they're on order.....Marinco...
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: Taggteam Upgrades

Post by Jeremyvmd »

do yourself a favor - just cut the old arms off - you can struggle with them if you really want to but I just split the mount with a dremel and pried them off. Made the whole process go much quicker. And make sure you mark where your old wiper sat before pulling them off - keeps you from being 90* out and making a big problem for yourself (don't ask how I know). other than that, good luck and drop me a line if you need help/get stuck.
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
taggteam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by taggteam »

Looks like they'll be here today...woohoo.

Thanks for the tip...I've read that in other places as well. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they came right off...I'll bet the previous owner has had the arms off in the past. But...I'll be prepared. Anyone try a vibratory tool to remove the old arms? I'm bringing the Dremel as well..but....those vibratory tools never cease to amaze me

Does anyone know the aftermarket details on blades? Manufacturer or size? I'd assume they take a standard blade...but am unsure.
I'm going to try to get them on tomorrow between the raindrops.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Here's from my post on wiper installs
Blades - currently I have 20" on all three you could prob go up to a 22 center (esp if you stayed with a 80* sweep) and easily 24s or even 26s on the sides
http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?pat ... id=2797469
taggteam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by taggteam »

OK kids....whats the secret here? I've got AFI 2000 series motors....I took the first motor apart and reinstalled it....and now none of the wiper motors park anymore! What the hell happened?

Good news is that the wiper arms came right off...and teh new Pantographis arms are installed. I do not think that 22" arms are wise, however. It does not seem that the arms have enough pressure to keep the wiper blade flat enough to the windshield to get a clean wipe. So.....gonna try 20's. ....Maybe even a bit shorter.

The parking issue has me perplexed though.....help.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremyvmd »

http://www.marinco.com/en/~/media/inriv ... -11630.pdf

Page three has the park adjustment instructions. I remember when I was having a problem, someone said that if one of the wires gets knocked loose it can fail to consistently park. I want to say blue wire...

Return to “Albin Maintenance”