• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

31TE live well

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

hharris580
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Pensacola

31TE live well

Post by hharris580 »

I just bought a 31TE with twin 315 Yanmars. The previous owner was using the live well for storing fuel tanks fo a 30hp trolling motor. There is a thru hull under the live well that is capped off with what looks like a 1 1/2 to 2in hose beside it. there is a drain in the bottom of the well and another thru fitting near the top starboard side. Can someone tell me the original setup and where the pump is located maybe pictures it will be greatly appreciated?
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: 31TE live well

Post by Pitou »

All the best with your new sistership!

The 2 inch Thru Hull Fitting and Seacock that you are looking at should be for the Holding Tank Waste Overboard Discharge.

The factory setup for the Livewell Thru Hull Fitting and Seacock varied with some 31's having it port side aft of the Generator and near the Generator and Salt Water Washdown Thru Hull Fittings and Seacocks. Others having it starboard side. My 2006 is starboard side. I'll get pictures for you this week.

Attached is a drawing of my transom Overboard Drains inclusive of Livewell Box
31 TE Transom OverBoard drains (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Albin Maintenance”