• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

LEWMAR 1000 Profish Anchor Lock

kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

LEWMAR 1000 Profish Anchor Lock

Post by kowal_53 »

I have replaced my ProFish 1000 windless. The mechanism and motor were in pretty bad shape. The new one works.

The old one used a rope with two stainless hooks on them to hold the anchor underway. The rope and hooks does not fit on my windless like the old one did.

I was curious what others use other than a rope. Or if some one figured out how to attach a rope.
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: LEWMAR 1000 Profish Anchor Lock

Post by DougSea »

I use a small line from the lifeline rings on the bowrail. The windlass is pulled tight and the line is really just for safety.
SonnyIVBowAndAnchor.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
djpeewee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Angeles/On Driveway

Post by djpeewee »

I just replaced mine this spring and added a cleat on the starboard side, next to the pulpit, and an anchor lock. Sorry for the bad photo.
Windlass.jpg
On a roll today since being on vacation....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DJ
TRYGON
28 TE Flush Deck
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Similar to DJ's setup with the cleats behind the windlass. So I use a stainless caribiner on my chain hook snubber line and cleat it off to secure the anchor and back the pressure off the windlass. When I deploy the snubber the caribiner comes off, it's not part of my ground tackle, just a hold for the anchor when secured in the pulpit.

Doug, you don't leave the windlass "tight-tight", right?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by kowal_53 »

I decided to use a bungee cord until I come up with a better answer. I know the bungee will loosen up over time. I guess orange is the new black!. I will still use the side cheat for securing the anchor line when deployed.

I did think about replacing the pulpit carriage bolt on the right side. I noticed that the one in the back has the anchor line attached to an eye inside the anchor line storage. I was thinking to put one on top, then I could attach my current safety cord to it. Has anyone removed one of these before?

DJ I could not tell what you used for the anchor lock. I see a device but can't tell what it is to see who made it. I would also like to know how it was mounted. The anchor puppet is very thick, and I have never opened it up. I assume it gets out of the way of the up/down operations.
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

kowal_53 wrote:...
DJ I could not tell what you used for the anchor lock. I see a device but can't tell what it is to see who made it. I would also like to know how it was mounted. The anchor puppet is very thick, and I have never opened it up. I assume it gets out of the way of the up/down operations.
It looks like this Lewmar version to me - http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?pat ... id=1252605

I've considered adding one to make things easier than using my snubber when at anchor in light winds.
Doug
Sonny IV
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

RobS wrote:...

Doug, you don't leave the windlass "tight-tight", right?
It's fairly tight. Not like guitar string tight, but not loose! I do try and keep the gypsy clutch just tight enough to pull in the chain while allowing some slip if the chain goes really tight - by extension I don't think I've got undue tension on the system when it's fully retracted.
Doug
Sonny IV
djpeewee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Angeles/On Driveway

Post by djpeewee »

This is the anchor lock I used: http://www.fisheriessupply.com/lewmar-a ... k-66840069

I wanted a swivel on the rode so I had to add a few lengths of chain to get everything lined up to fit.

The pulpit is pretty thick right there but very accessible if you remove the starboard panel underneath. I fashioned a block of starboard to fit in the channel that the bow roller is bolted in to get the anchor lock flush with the top surface of the pulpit.

I've not had any problem with the setup getting in the way of the windlass operation.
1-20160824_102347.jpg
DJ
TRYGON
28 TE Flush Deck
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

djpeewee wrote:This is the anchor lock I used: http://www.fisheriessupply.com/lewmar-a ... k-66840069

I wanted a swivel on the rode so I had to add a few lengths of chain to get everything lined up to fit.
Those few extra links of chain also prevent the swivel from binding against the anchor when the tide shifts and the boat swings 180 degrees. All anchor set-ups with a swivel should be done this way. You got a nice added benefit from your alignment work!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”