• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Deck Paint for 2004 28TE

randyt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: portland

Deck Paint for 2004 28TE

Post by randyt »

The decks are getting tired and I am considering a repaint. The present color is a light greg/blue. Has anyone gone through this process?

RandyT
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Re: Deck Paint for 2004 28TE

Post by irishwake »

Did my rear deck on my 31 TE about a month ago. Mine was the gray color and in Florida it was way to hot to walk on in bare feet. Cleaned the deck and then taped all edges and chrome. Gave it 3 coats of West Marine SeaGloss Pro Blu-white one part polyurethane topside paint. It took 2 quarts to complete the job.I allowed it 24 hrs between each coat. I used a standard nap roller to apply the paint. Allowing the tape to remain on for the 3 days caused some difficulty in certain spots for the removal of the tape. Using Goof Off solved that problem. I would assume if you are going with the same color you could do it in 2 coats. My girls loved the look and to be able to walk on it barefoot without burning their feet. I Should have done it years ago.
randyt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: portland

Post by randyt »

Irishwake,
Thanks for the response. I would like to change the color to a tan. Did your floor have a non-skid texture?
RandyT
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Post by irishwake »

Yes! The original deck was a heavy non slip, and this made a little bit of a difference but nothing to be concerned with. It being white does show the dirt a little more, and an increase in the sun glare. The water does take a little longer to dissipate off of the deck then when it was gray.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”