• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Direct Water Feed

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

SJR
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Beach NY

Direct Water Feed

Post by SJR »

Ive read many posts on the stinky water issue, and unfortunately Im in that boat, (pardon the pun), although Ive gotten a handle on it, I was wondering about a direct water hook up. Ive seen many boats in my travels that have the dockside hose directly hooked up with filter and all. Was looking to find out if that is an option for a 31te? Is there way to bypass and run a dock side hose to shower, HW Heater, faucets etc.
TEAGAN II
2006 31' TE
Twin Yanmar 315HP 6-LPAM STP
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Direct Water Feed

Post by Tree »

There is a way. My 28 didn't come with it but my buddies first 28 did. I don't quite know how it works but there are a few people on here with that setup. All I can say is use the search function and hopefully you'll find a few threads about it. I remember reading one but can't think for the life of me who the author was.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Both of my 28's had the shore water connection. It looks like a connection for a water hose near the overflow for the water tank. I believe it is connected directly to the water tank with a step down pressure valve. If you have one of these, maybe you can connect it to the cold water outlet from the water tank so it would bypass the tank and its contaminants.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

It's a very easy addition - the dockside connector generally has a pressure regulator built in and you just connect it to the pressure side of your cold water lines. It basically back feeds your water system. Your FW pump acts as a check valve (or you can install one if you want) preventing water from flowing back to your tank.

I'm sure I can dig up a diagram somewhere. On both our 28 and 35 it was/is plumbed into the cold water feed to the transom shower. Come to think of it I think I have an inlet sitting in my garage - I bought it on sale after I broke the one on Sonny IV, and it was a different hole pattern. You'd be welcome to it for the cost of shipping. I'll double check when I return home this weekend.

Pretty sure it's this one:
ShurfloWaterInlet.jpg
In case you're wondering how one breaks one of these - Mine is mounted on the bulkhead just below the step into the cockpit. Not a great spot. I stepped on it (actually the hose that was screwed into it) and sheared it off. :?

EDIT: Found a couple of diagrams:
Freshwater-1.jpg
water_system_diagram-marine.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
SJR
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Beach NY

Post by SJR »

thanks Doug, Going to do some digging this weekend and see what I can find. I appreciate the info, it is very helpful , thanks again
TEAGAN II
2006 31' TE
Twin Yanmar 315HP 6-LPAM STP
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

SJR wrote:Ive read many posts on the stinky water issue, and unfortunately Im in that boat...
Is she equipped with aluminum water tank(s) ?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “General Discussion”