• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hi Everyone and Thanks!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
WaterGirl
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Dover

Hi Everyone and Thanks!

Post by WaterGirl »

Hi All,

I'm a new joiner to your group. My husband and I are considering the purchase of an Albin 25 or 27 and I joined this group to help educate myself on the boats before we take the plunge. I've learned a lot reading through everyone's posts and wanted to say thank you to all of those who have contributed info to this site.... it's a huge help to folks like me.

I am currently searching for info on when the change to the v-berth was made in the Albin 27, specifically the inclusion of the lift-up insert that makes it more of a settee at first glance. Through pictures, I have narrowed it down to somewhere between 1986 and 1988 but haven't been able to pin down a more exact timeframe. I'll figure it out eventually... I know the info is in here somewhere. :-)

Thanks again for putting together such a vast amount of information and for being so welcoming to a new swabby!
Mary-
(aka WaterGirl, a nickname from my youth)
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Re: Hi Everyone and Thanks!

Post by Jay Knoll »

Hi Watergirl

Welcome to the group. My wife and I own a 1988 27FC that has the configuration you describe. There are just two of us using the boat so the forward area behind the backrest is used entirely for storage. When we had new cushions made we didn't bother extending them forward beyond the edge of the backrest to maximize usable space.

Enjoy your search, I know you'll enjoy the boat when you find one to your liking

Jay
WaterGirl
Swabby
Swabby

Post by WaterGirl »

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the welcome and the info on your boat. I am a big fan of this layout and, like you, with just the two of us I am thinking good storage up front as the v-berth wouldn't get used for sleeping. The tip about the cushions is great... what a good idea to get a bit of added storage space.

Thanks much!
Mary-
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cherokee Resort and Marina - Tellico River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

Howdy Mary, The '87 27FC has the flip up dinette back also. I kept my full cushions for the grandkids and they love the berth. I can convert it in about 30 seconds, and it holds all 3 of them. You'll love the boat if you get one. Ben
WaterGirl
Swabby
Swabby

Post by WaterGirl »

Thanks, Ben!! That is a huge help and I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

Return to “New Member Introductions”