• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New owners of CaptVic's 'Mary Jo'

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Bearkeley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Florida

New owners of CaptVic's 'Mary Jo'

Post by Bearkeley »

Hi all - my husband and I are the proud new owners of a 1984 27 FC, the Mary Jo. She arrived safely via a 1400 mile transport from Texas and is now docked at her new home on the Chesapeake Bay!

I have been a member of this forum for a few weeks now, learning all I can about Albins. We are experienced powerboaters (center consoles for fishing) and have talked about the possibility of getting a sailboat or some sort of small, fuel efficient boat in a few years to maybe do the loop. However, after a few weeks on this site, meeting a couple of awesome Albin owners, and the rare opportunity to purchase such a unique Albin that has had every part of her either restored, repaired or replaced by such a talented craftsman, we didn't want to wait any longer and decided to fly to Texas to see Mary Jo and meet CaptVic. Everything I read about all his work on her came to life...and now, we too, are proud to be Albin owners.

Looking forward to learning more about Albins and the cruising lifestyle from many of you, either thru this forum, the Chesapeake, or hopefully as we make our way to doing the loop!
Former owner of the ‘Mary Jo'
1984 Albin 27FC (#74)
Hutchinson Island, Florida
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: New owners of CaptVic's 'Mary Jo'

Post by DCatSea »

Congratulations on purchasing "Mary Jo, and welcome to the group. I know that you will both be very happy, great Albineers, and that she is in very good hands. Look forward to seeing you around the Bay, and hopefully chugging into S Herrington in September. Will you be posting some pix of her in her new home?

Doug
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: New owners of CaptVic's 'Mary Jo'