• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin-25 Manual Bilge Pump

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Albin-25 Manual Bilge Pump

Post by NickScheuer »

any idea what brand of pump was used in 1978? It's tucked in an awkward position under the Starboard cockpit seat and I don't want to remove it until I either have a new pump or a repair kit for the existing.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: Albin-25 Manual Bilge Pump

Post by Jeremyvmd »

I would imagine a whale brand since it seems like that's what most albins came with. Couldn't tell you a model though...
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

I pulled mine a good while back and was able to clean it up, make it work properly AND stop leaking without any new parts. I think it is Whale, black plastic with yellow handle, but you would want to physically look at it before ordering any parts regardless. Biggest problem was loose, rusty, incorrectly placed hose clamps. Mine is 1973 vintage.
stxray
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sea Isle City, NJ

Post by stxray »

I just had mine out replacing the hoses. They were very gummy for some reason. I can't say if this is the original pump as I just acquired the boat but, I can say it was a Whale. I too was able to clean it up and get it working. The diaphragm seemed to be in good shape but found there was cobwebs and other debris interfering with the inlet/outlet flaps. Sorry, no model number.
Al Dente
1975 Albin 25 Deluxe, Hull #2350
Volvo Penta MD3B
Dinghy: 7'2" Achilles Inflatable w/ 2 Hp Honda
Residence: Southeast Pennsylvania
Homeport: Sea Isle City, NJ

Return to “General Discussion”