• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Weaver davits

BobHaze
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hyannis

Weaver davits

Post by BobHaze »

I bought Weaver davits last fall but haven't installed them yet. I was looking at the swim platform yesterday, and now I'm wondering where I will be able to drill and bolt them onto the boat. There are slots 8" or so long along the length of the swim platform, and between the slots there are bolts for the brackets that support the platform.
Does anyone have a picture of their swim platform on a 28TE with Weaver davits installed, so I can see how it worked for you?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance.
Bob
Former owner of 2004 Albin 35 CB COMPASS ROSE
Former owner of 2001 28 TE ALLEGRO
doughat
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Guatemala

Re: Weaver davits

Post by doughat »

Here are fotos of my mounts, both on the swim platform and my 9 ft inflatable. This works well for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug
Sonrisa
1993 28TE
Rio Dulce, Guatemala
BobHaze
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hyannis

Post by BobHaze »

Thanks Doug - that's a big help.
Bob
Former owner of 2004 Albin 35 CB COMPASS ROSE
Former owner of 2001 28 TE ALLEGRO
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Post by Pedro »

Did you mount them? I need to mount mine ,but my dinghy came with the davit yokes already attached so I have to place them in between those open slots, hopefully it will he strong enough,
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Pedro »

Doug, I need to have mine cut down as they are the 4" high style, when I was inside the dink with the motor it appeared to me that davits that were about 1 inch taller than the swim platform would work, I'm having a local prop shop cut and re weld them, do you fine yours are high enough?
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

On my 28TE, I had the same height set-up as Doug on Sonrisa, but I had the Quick Kit with Removable Davit Heads. Worked perfectly! I now have them on the 31TE as well.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Pedro »

It's not too late for me to have them make the davit heads flush vs raised above deck,currently they are the 4" high ones,it was hard to really tell what height would be best. I notice most Albin 28's use flush davit heads.I have an Achilles air floor lsi280

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”