• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

hot water heater wont get hot

saltshaker28
Gold Member
Gold Member

hot water heater wont get hot

Post by saltshaker28 »

02 28 te with a 315 6lp just did the timing belt added new anti freeze the boat is running great but i cant get hot water through any of my fixtures how do i purge the lines?
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: hot water heater wont get hot

Post by Pitou »

You say that you can't get hot water through the hot water lines. Is the water running cold? If running cold, that would mean the antifreeze coolant loop to and from the hot water tank is closed and not circulating to indirectly heat the water in the hot water tank. There are valves on the engine for the loop and will either be butterflies or ball valves / most likely butterflies. I'm guessing that they were closed when the engine was refilled with antifreeze and never opened back up. Trace the lines and have a look.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
saltshaker28
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: hot water heater wont get hot

Post by saltshaker28 »

it turned out to be air bound I was able to fix it by getting all the air out through the filler cap

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”