• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
intofire1
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: los angeles

Post by intofire1 »

I am currently assigned to fireboat 2 in Los Angeles . Fireboat number 2 is 105 feet long and pumps 38,000 gallons a minute. Just a few years away from retirement, looking forward to reading through your forum about these wonderful boats. The amount of information that you have here is outstanding. Thanks for let me join. Gil
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: New Member

Post by WillieC »

Welcome intofire1! Today I am installing a replacement gusher galley foot operated pump in the head on my A25. It pumps 4 gallons a minute! Ah, life at 6 knots is wonderful. Welcome aboard!
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: New Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard, thanks for your service as a waterborne first responder, and congrats on your good taste in boats. Many types of Albins to choose from, Albin Vega sailboats, Albin 25 & 27 FC center cockpit pocket trawlers, Albin 28 & 31 TE sport fishers, Albin 36 trawlers. All depends on your style of boating & whether you're more into fishing or cruising.

Four years ago, before we transitioned to our Albin 25 pocket tralwer, my wife and I were owners of a Catalina 25 trailerable sailboat that we brought over from our home in the Phoenix area & docked in CYM Chula Vista on San Diego Bay for the summer of 2012. That year we decided to harbor hop up to Los Angeles. San Pedro, actually, and docked for a week in CYM Cabrillo Marina in the L.A. harbor, not far from where the SS Lane Victory is docked. We then sailed over to Catalina Island to meet up with some folks from our local Lake Pleasant Sailing Club. Since we live 360 miles from the nearest coastal waters we like to stay with the trailerables.

While guest docked in Cabrillo Marina one of our dock neighbors had a Bertram 34 that he used for deep sea fishing and one day they came back in with a haul of sea bass. He gave us a couple pounds of filets & boy were they dee-lish!

So long story short, L.A. would be great place to have at tournament express style sport fishing boat. Lots of TE owners are on this forum & would be glad to answer any questions I'm sure.

Fishing doesn't get much better than this!
DSCN0520 Big Sea Bass catch 7-7 (1280x960).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”