• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

COST TO REPLACE IMPELLER ON WATER PUMP

mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

COST TO REPLACE IMPELLER ON WATER PUMP

Post by mjohnh »

MY 28TE HAS A 315 YANMAR. THE MARINA, IN PRE-LAUNCH SERVICE, REPLACE THE IMPELLER ON THE WATER PUMP. WHAT HAVE OTHERS PAID FOR THIS SERVICE? I HAVE A TRUST ISSUE WITH THIS MARINA.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: COST TO REPLACE IMPELLER ON WATER PUMP

Post by Jeremyvmd »

I can't speak on a Yanmar, but when I went to pull the impeller on my peninsular and realized it was stuck on the shaft and there was no way I was gonna get a puller into the 2.5" they gave me for clearence, I had my yard pull the pump and replace the impeller. I provided the impeller as well. Total bill was about 400 for pure labor.
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Here is a link to a electronic engine service manual for the 6LP.. You should be able to find the part number then google it but the labor is the expensive part. Well OEM Yanmar parts are also expensive..

http://boatinfo.no/lib/yanmar/manuals/6lp.html#/62
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

mjohnh: Been down this road with the former 35te. Hard to recall my labor & material costs as other service came up at same time. Gave most of the receipts to the buyer. Will see if my mech. has the numbers. Need to speak to hum on new matter anyway.
whwells "Howard"
sharffj
First Mate
First Mate

Post by sharffj »

Did service on 31TE with twin Yanmar 315 this spring. I provided all parts and oil and helped mechanic. To change oil and filters on both, changing both racors, change impeller on starboard which required removing raw water to access impeller, changing all 6 zinc on each engine, draining and refilling coolant on both, changing transmission fluid on both and changing oil and filter on genset was $543.00. Years ago would have done most of this myself, but as I age can't fit into tight spaces as well. Thought cost was very reasonable.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”