• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Gold paint source

mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Gold paint source

Post by mjohnh »

My 28TE has a thin (approx 3/16th) line around the boat about 12" below the deck line. I would like to find a source of that paint or to match the color. Does anyone have suggestions on this problem?

Thank you.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: Gold paint source

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Are you sure it's paint? Mine had the same thing but was just vinyl tape. A lil heat and it came off...
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Post by mjohnh »

Pretty sure. Believe it or not, I have found a "Sharpie" with oil based paint in gold. It is almost a perfect match. I will just try it and see if it lasts. The original is not tape but is a thin line of gold paint. I had a small gel coat patch to fix a spot that included about 1 inch of the gold stripe and it sanded off just like paint......by the way, for those that need to do a small patch, I used an Evercoat kit and mixed blue and some black to create navy blue....it was a little too blue when it dried and I then mixed just the colors, without the base, and made the patch darker....I believe that the patch did accept the tint and will see how it lasts after I seal, wax and polish it. Pretty tricky,but doable. The real challenge is to get the color match right when you mix the color with the base.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Yea I used the same kit, or I should say my artist niece used the same kit for a patch on shady. She found it needed a touch of red to match our blue hull. Your lucky then mine was just a decal running around the boat. Glad to hear you found a possible fix!
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”