• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

fishing offshore maryland

chesapeake albin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: chesapeake

fishing offshore maryland

Post by chesapeake albin »

I am thinking of heading Lewis or Indian river inlet and then going out 30? miles, doing some offshore fishing.

Looking at what I need to do to prepare for this.

I would LOVE some company so I am going to try to find a buddy boat for the offshore part

Last summer I took the boat to Wildwood NJ but this was all in the bays.
I would like to fill up in Lewis DE and then fish for a few days and head south to Norfolk VA or beyond before getting fuel again
I am guessing this leg is at least 150 miles and that is with no trolling fuel factored in.
So I am thinking I need more than the 130? gallon tank holds to be safe. I could put in in Ocean city if things get rough but I have heard that inlet is tricky in east or north winds and I have never gone through there before.

also, I have been offshore sailing several times but never tried to fish, so I have no clue what I am doing.

any advice is appreciated .

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”