• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 28/30 Anchor Windlass

Fogg~Dogg
Gold Member
Gold Member

Windlass

Post by Fogg~Dogg »

MKaybe luck for you, but I've got my original windlass that came with my Albin 28TE (2002) in a box at home. It works perfectly fine, but I decided to make all hardware on Fogg~Dogg be stainless.

I'd sell you the old windlass. It was originally on the boat when it was named "Griffin" and berthed on Toronto from 2002-2006. The windlass has never been in salt water.

Let me know if you're interested.
Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Anchor Windlass

Post by Yearwood »

We installed a Horizon unit where the motor etc. is all above deck. The factory installed wiring was fine. It was dead ended forward and dead ended in the engine compartment with plenty of wire both ends. It also included the control wiring in case one wished to have control with a foot unit at the windlass. I wired the on/off circuit breaker to the ledge that the throttle sits on and the on/off(up/down) switch to the console. In installing the windlass itself we did not remove the pulpit but successfully drilled all the way through it. The unit has been installed for perhaps five years, rarely used and still works fine. The flush mounted units (i.e. gypsy head only above deck looks nicer). Perhaps the only problem we have is that when lowering the position of the anchor and type is such that it will not fall automatically and must be moved out of position (read lightly kicked) in order to free fall.
Don
Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bradenton, FL

Windlass wires

Post by Albinflorida »

Your boat was supplied with the factory "wired for windlass" option. That is an option with all Albin boats.

Doug Jenkins
Massey Yacht Sales
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790
dickgoldman
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Bay Head, New Jersey

Re: Albin 28/30 Anchor Windlass

Post by dickgoldman »

My windlass stopped working on my Albin 28. It seems to be getting no power, but I can't locate the fuse for it. Can anyone help?
Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bradenton, FL

Post by Albinflorida »

dickgoldman wrote:My windlass stopped working on my Albin 28. It seems to be getting no power, but I can't locate the fuse for it. Can anyone help?
Most were put on by dealers or owners, so the location of an inline fuse would be hard to say. Although the red positive cable should be fairly easy to trace
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Both of my Albins had pop out circuit breakers for the windlass mounted to the right of the helm,
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Yearwood »

I have a 28' Albin and put the windless in my self. No fuse, simply the pop out breaker in the up/down switch.
Don
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Post by Pedro »

Don, What windlass did you install?Was it difficult?Im thinking of trying to install one this winter
Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Yearwood »

Frankly, I forgot, but believe it is a Horizon. The toughest part of the installation was drilling the large hole through the bow pulpit extension. On our 2001 28'TE I found there was factory wiring in place from the battery area to the bow. That included power and control wiring for foot switches (which we did not install). If the wiring is not installed it would be an easy run.

Don
Osprey
Don
Chris & Dale

Post by Chris & Dale »

John,
Here's a link to a post I did some time back for wiring and installing our Lewmar Windlass. I've used it a number of times for fishing and everything worked fine (except for an Operator error one time-me). I'd say the only thing I did wrong was not ordering my new anchor line w/enough chain, even though it's held fine while fishing, I'm going to extend it to 25-30' for anchoring overnight. Anyway, my post may help a little. Good Luck!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5633

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”